Columbia Motorcycle is the oldest Harley-Davidson® Dealer in the Pacific Northwest.
Here’s The Story…
Emil Kreofsky worked for his Uncle who founded the Harley-Davidson© dealership in Portland, Oregon in 1912. In October of 1944 Emil found a small building on Columbia Street, and that was how the name Columbia Motorcycle was created. With the help from his Uncle providing motorcycles and parts, Emil sold and worked on Harley-Davidson® Motorcycles until 1947. In 1947 The Harley-Davidson® Motor Company asked Emil to become an official Harley-Davidson® dealer for Southwest Washington. The dealership was doing so well that in 1955, Emil out-grew the small wooden building and had to relocate Columbia Motorcycle to East Fourth Plain Blvd. After many years of motorcycling and great success as a Harley-Davidson© dealership owner, Emil retired from the dealership in 1975, leaving Columbia Motorcycle to his son, Jim Kreofsky.
The Fourth Plain store went though many add ons to accommodate for the increase popularity of Harley-Davidson®, but in the year of 2001, Jim had to do what his father did in 1955. So, with the help from his Daughter, Jennifer, and his Son-in-Law, Jason, they decided to move Columbia Motorcycle one more time to its present location off Hwy 99 in the Hazel Dell area. In October of 2004, 60 years after his father Emil opened the doors to Columbia Motorcycle, Jim Kreofsky announced his retirement. Passing the family history of Columbia Motorcycle to his Daughter, Jennifer, and his Son-in-Law, Jason.
With every move that Columbia Motorcycle has made over the years, the dealership received a new look, but we always took with us the heart and soul of a down-home family dealership. At Columbia Motorcycle we’re proud to carry on the Harley-Davidson® tradition going on 60 plus years. We hope you will take the time to stop by the shop to meet us and to get to know our great staff.
Total Page Views: 777
Written By: Website Admin
Last updated: February 11, 2018